Teacher Resource Website
Client: National Trust
Based around a National Trust property, Standen, we were asked to produce a pilot teacher resource website that provides topic based lesson plans and interactive activities to encourage visits from schools.
We developed this teacher resource using HTML and Flash. The content:
- features the topics ‘Victorian life’ and ‘Arts and Crafts’ (both relevant to Standen)
- provides lesson plans for before, during and after a visit, with associated worksheets and interactive activities
- contains topics linked to the National Curriculum and DfES/QCA schemes of work
- shows interactive plans of the house (in either teacher or pupil mode) so users can explore rooms and view information from roll-over text, click-through or photographic images.
- has practical information for organising a visit and background historical information on Standen